MailChimp is an email marketing tool whose features and integrations allow you to send marketing emails, newsletters, automated messages, and targeted campaigns. With MailChimp integration, you can send email campaigns to targeted list of students and proactively communicate and follow up with your students.
MailChimp is FREE for up to 2,000 subscribers every month.
MailChimp also provides thorough analytics that allow you to see how many subscribers have opened your email, which links were clicked the most frequently, how many people unsubscribed after receiving your email, and even how your response compares to the industry average.
With BrainCert's MailChimp extension for your LMS, you can automatically subscribe new user accounts with your MailChimp list. You can also manually sync all the users from your LMS to MailChimp list with a click of a button.
1) Create an account, and login to MailChimp https://mailchimp.com/
2) Click on your account name and select option "Profile"
3) Under Extras, select API keys option.
4) Create a New API key or use existing one.
5) Enable the API key, and copy the key
6) Go to Account & Settings --> Extensions and enable MailChimp extension. Now, paste the API key you copied from MailChimp in the above step.
7) Now, navigate back to MailChimp and go to Lists to create a new list or find the List ID of already created one.
8) Create a new list or use existing list already created.
9) Select Settings from the dropdown to find the list ID.
10) In the Settings page, now click on the link List name & defaults.
11) Now, copy the List ID (without the period at the end).
12) Return to your extensions page in your LMS, and paste the list ID. Click Save to confirm the settings.
13) Click on the button 'Sync all users' to add existing LMS users to your list at MailChimp. After this sync is done, any new users created or registered in your LMS will get automatically synced with your MailChimp list.
Organize your contacts with the help of MailChimp tag feature. This feature helps to better segment your mailing lists. When the Tag is added and synchronize the contacts to MailChimp, it will create a Tag in MailChimp and assign it to the user.
Go to Account & Settings --> Extensions --->MailChimp
Now after adding API Key and List ID as mentioned before, you can enter the required tag and click on 'Sync all users'.
Once this is done, you can see the given tag added to your Mailchimp contacts.