This Environmental Awareness Certificate course has been designed specifically for the Nigerian market. It will help you demonstrate your commitment to the safety of the environment either to potential or current employers. You will learn about the importance of the environment, be introduced to Key Environmental Issues and how environmental management tools and systems help in the management the environment. A certificate of completion will be issued at the completion of the course.
At the end of this course, participants will:
- Appreciate and define the environment.
- Understand the major environmental issues of concern to nations and organizations.
- Understand the impact of organizations' activities on the environment.
- Understand the principles, benefits and tools of environmental management.
- Be introduced to ISO 14001 EMS
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone seeking to improve their knowledge of environmental issues.
- Anyone seeking to demonstrate a commitment to environmental management to current or potential employers.
- Anyone seeking a certification in an environmental subject.
- Anyone with a responsibility to implement environmental management at their site and want a quick introduction to get started before enrolling on a longer course.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
- 6 slides
Chapter 2: What is the Environment?
- 10 slides
Chapter 3: Key Environmental Issues
- 12 slides
- 7 slides
- 3 slides
- 5 slides
- 6 slides
- 7 slides
Chapter 4: Business and the Environment
Chapter 5: Environmental Management; An Introduction
Aecogreen International is a UK based Environmental and Waste training and Consultancy Provider. Our experience in working both with UK Universities and Nigerian Governments in both Environmental training and consultancy well qualify us to deliver and certify this course.
Our Lead trainer, Uchechukwu Okere has a PhD in Environmental Science from Lancaster University, UK. He has experience in Environmental Management Systems (EMS) implementation,Environmental and Waste management and contaminated land remediation. Dr Okere is currently a lecturer at a UK University, lecturing courses including EMS, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Soil Processes and Management, Issues in sustainability among others. In addition, he is an associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment, UK (IEMA) and has been approved by IEMA as a training course provider for people in industry. Dr Okere is also a corporate member of the Chartered Institute of Waste Management, UK (CIWM) and works with a UK University waste management centre to provide consultancy services to both private and government institutions.